Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Carrot Cake Fiasco and a Little Background

My quest for my mother's Carrot Cake Recipe started in November of 2010.  I wanted to make my mother's recipe, as it is my husband's favorite cake and she would always make it for him when she would come to visit - no matter how sick she felt.

I don't think that I mentioned that my wonderful mother died September 18, 2008.  Since then, my entire family has become estrainged.  The family company, which was started in the 1970s has been torn apart due to the fact that my brother kicked my older brother out of the family company.  Since then, my older brother is without transportation, has no housing, his partner and he have split due to all the stress, he has been without any income for over 2 years and he was denied unemployment by my other brother.  Oh yeah, my father started seeing his first girlfriend one week after my mother's passing and is now shacked up with his 6th girlfriend.  Clearly there is more on this........stay tuned.

I'll get back to the Carrot Cake Recipe story tomorrow - being asked to play Monopoly by my two beautiful little girls.

Taddey Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment